Original article | International Journal of Progressive Education 2018, Vol. 14(1) 1-7
Knowledge Theory in Ibn Rushd Literature and reflection thereof on its Educational philosophy
pp. 1 - 7 | DOI: https://doi.org/10.29329/ijpe.2018.129.1 | Manu. Number: MANU-1706-09-0002
Published online: February 11, 2018 | Number of Views: 230 | Number of Download: 278
This study aims to examine Ibn Rushd perceptions in terms of Knowledge and reflection thereof on his educational philosophy. This study reached at a conclusion that Ibn Rushd partaking had its important role in framing the Knowledge theory and maintain it away from deviations and in the same time originated much jurisprudences starting from Aristotle theory who considered that self perish with the body's yard, while Ibn Rushd considered it as non physical self and image of body in the same time. On the other hand, Ibn Rushd disagreed with Knowledge theory adopted in Mysticism; who believes that human cannot reach Knowledge depending on mental means alone, but in turn Knowledge is gift from Allah achieved through strife, psychological readiness and purifying the heart.
Ibn Rushd Knowledge theory is based on knowledge tools (feeling, mind and heart) integration. Serial order thereof based on promotion from feeling to the mind. Any personal cognizance is moral cognizance in Physical such as feeling or fantasy, while total cognizance is meaning cognizance physical.
Based on Ibn Rushd Theory on Knowledge this study examined his educational philosophy which proved that it is in line with education's modern vision and acquiring knowledge; i.e. Thomas Aquinas, Jean Beige, Bruner and other pioneers of Epistemology theory in Education.
Keywords: Ibn Rushd, Knowledge theory, Philosophy, The mind, logic and Education
|How to Cite this Article?
APA 6th edition
Al-Rsa'i, M. (2018). Knowledge Theory in Ibn Rushd Literature and reflection thereof on its Educational philosophy. International Journal of Progressive Education, 14(1), 1-7. doi: 10.29329/ijpe.2018.129.1
Al-Rsa'i, M. (2018). Knowledge Theory in Ibn Rushd Literature and reflection thereof on its Educational philosophy. International Journal of Progressive Education, 14(1), pp. 1-7.
Chicago 16th edition
Al-Rsa'i, Mohammed (2018). "Knowledge Theory in Ibn Rushd Literature and reflection thereof on its Educational philosophy". International Journal of Progressive Education 14 (1):1-7. doi:10.29329/ijpe.2018.129.1.
- Abd Al-mohiemen .(2000). Theory of Knowledge between Ibn Rushd and Ibn Arabi. Al-Wafa house for printing and publishing. [Google Scholar]
- Antwan, f.(1993). Falsa'afat Ibn Rushd – Attanweer. Egyptian General Book Authority [Google Scholar]
- Averroes .(1961). Kitab Fasl al-Maqâl. Translation by George F. Hourani. On the Harmony of Religion: A Translation with Introduction and [Google Scholar]
- Notes of Ibn Rushd's Kitab Fasl Al-maqal with its Appendix, [Google Scholar]
- (Damima) and an Extract from Kitab Al-kashf an Manahij Aladilla. Gibb Memorial Trust, London, 1961 . [Google Scholar]
- Baffioni, C. (2004). Averroes and the Aristotelian Heritage, Guida Editori, ISBN 88-7188-862-6. [Google Scholar]
- Fakhry, M .(2001). Averroes (Ibn Rushd). His Life, Works and Influence. Oneworld Publications, Oxford, 2001 . (ISBN 1 8-51 682694 -ISBN 978-1851682690.). [Google Scholar]
- Farhan, m. g .(2012). The plight of St. Thomas Aquinas with the heritage of Ibn Rushd [Google Scholar]
- Al-g'afari, M. I. & Al- Askary, K. S.(2000). Educational thought at the Ibn Rushd and his philosophy between heritage and modernity. Baghdad : Bait Al-Hikmah . [Google Scholar]
- Günther, S. (2012). Averroes and Thomas Aquinas on Education. – Washington: Georgetown University Press, 2012. [Google Scholar]
- Al-Hawaly, s .(2011). Introduction to the evolution of Western thought and modernity. Manaber Al-Feker Institution. Saudia Arabia. [Google Scholar]
- Ibn Bashkawall .(1955). Asellah fee t'areek A'ema't Al-Andalus. Publishing, debug and review. Izaat Al-Attar (Egypt) pp-646 . [Google Scholar]
- Ibn Rushd .(1998). Al-kaashef a'an manahej aladelah fee a'qaed almelah. Abo Alwaleed Ibn Rushd , Investigation by Mustafeh Hanafey .Center for Arab Unity Studies . Beirut, Lebanon / First Printing. [Google Scholar]
- Ismaeel, F. (2014). Al-Manheg Al- Falsafy enda Ibn Rushd . Alhyaa alamah Lgosoor Al- thaqafeh. ISBN 13 9789779200255 [Google Scholar]
- Qasem, M .(1969). Theory of Knowledge at the Ibn Rushd and interpretation of the Thomas Aquinas. Anglo-Egyptian Library, Cairo. [Google Scholar]
- Al-Marakeshi .(1949). Almo'ajeb fee t'alkees akbaar Almagreb. Muhamed saheed Al-erian ( Al-Esteqamah Press)- Cairo. [Google Scholar]
- Muhrad, B. M .(1988). Reflections on the philosophy of Ibn Rushd. Cairo. Sadr printing services. [Google Scholar]
- Palmer, J. A,. Bresler, L. & Cooper, D. E.(2001) . FIFTY MAJOR THINKERS ON EDUCATION From Confucius to Dewey. Routledge 11 New Fetter Lane, London EC4P 4EE (2001). [Google Scholar]