- Ayers, W. (2001). To teach: The journey of a teacher. New York: Teachers College Press.
- Başbay, A. (2005). Basamaklı öğretim programıyla desteklenmiş proje tabanlı öğrenme yaklaşımının öğrenme sürecine etkileri” [The effects of project based learning approach supported by layered curriculum on learning process]. Ege Üniversitesi Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi, 6 (1): 95-116.
- Başbay, A. 2008. Öğrenenlerin bireysel öğrenme görevleri ile zihinsel becerileri ve bilişsel faaliyet hızları arasındaki ilişki [Relationship between learners’ ındividual learning tasks and their mental skills and decision making pace]. Eğitim ve Bilim, 33 (149), 3-17.
- Başol, G., & Evin Gencel, I. (2013). Reflective thinking scale: A validity and reliability study. Educational Sciences: Theory & Practice, 13 (2), 941-946.
- Burbank, M., Bates, A., & Ramirez, L. (2012). Critically reflective thinking in urban teacher education: a comparative case study of two participants’ experiences as content area teachers. The Professional Educator, 36(2), 1-17.
- Büyüköztürk, Ş., Çakmak, E. K., Akgün, Ö. E., Karadeniz, Ş. & Demirel, F. (2008). Bilimsel araştırma yöntemleri [Scientific research methods] Ankara: PegemA Yayıncılık.
- Candy, P. (1991). Self direction for lifelong learning. San Fransisco: Jossey Bass.
- Canipe, J.B., & Brockett, R.G. (2003). New perspectives on self-directed learning. Adult Learning, 14(4), 4.
- Chapman, C., & King, R. (2005). 11 practical ways to guide teachers towards differentiation (and an evaluation tool). Journal of Staff Development, 26 (4), 20-25.
- Crichton, H., & Templeton, B. (2013). Collaboration or confrontation? An investigation into the role of prior experiences in the completion of collaborative group tasks by student teachers, European Journal of Teacher Education, 36:1, 84-96, DOI: 10.1080/02619768.2012.678487.
- Dewey, J. (1933). How we think: A restatement of the relation of reflective thinking to the educative process. Boston: D. C. Heath.
- Dewey, J. (1991). How we think. New York: Prometheus Books.
- Evin Gencel, İ. (2015). Learning styles and problem solving skills of Turkish prospective teachers. International Journal of Progressive Education, 11, 39-56.
- Fisher, M., King, J., & Tague, G. (2001). Development of a self-directed learning readiness scale for nursing education. Nurse Education Today, 21 (7), 516-525
- Gelter, H. (2003). Why is reflective thinking uncommon. Reflective Practice 4 (3), 337-345.
- Gömleksiz, M. N., & Biçer, S. (2012). Fen ve teknoloji dersinde basamaklı öğretim programının öğrenci başarısına, kalıcılığa ve tutumlarına etkisi [Effects of the Layered Curriculum on Student’s Success, Permanence and Attitudes in Science and Technology Course]. International Journal of Human Sciences 9 (2), 1657-1683.
- Hollis, V. (1991). Self-directed learning as a post basic educational continuum. British Journal of Occupational Therapy, 54 (2), 45-48.
- Hwang, Y. S., & Gorrell, J. (2001). Young children’s awareness of self-regulated learning. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Research Association, Seattle, April 10-14.
- Sahin, E., & Erden, M. (2009). Özyönetimli öğrenmeye hazırbulunuşluk ölçeğinin geçerlik ve güvenirlik çalışması [Reliability and validitiy of self-directed learning readiness scale]. e-Journal of New World Sciences Academy, 4 (3), 695-706.
- Kember, D., J. McKay, K. Sinclair, & Wong, F.K.Y. (2008). A four-category scheme for coding and assessing the level of reflection in written work. Assessment & Evaluation in Higher Education, 33 (4), 369-379.
- Kember, D., D. Leung, A. Jones, & Loke, A.Y. (2000). Development of a questionnaire to measure the level of reflective thinking. Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education 25, 380-395.
- Kılıncaslan, H., and P. Şimşek. (2015). 6.sınıf kuvvet ve hareket ünitesinde basamaklı öğretim yöntemi ve yaratıcı drama yönteminin erişiye, tutuma ve kalıcılığa etkisi [Effects of curriculum layered and creative drama methods on 6th grade force and motion unit on achievement, attitude and retention]. Education and Science, 40 (180), 217-245.
- Killion, J. P., & Todnem, G. R. (1991). A process for personal theory building. Educational Leadership, 48 (6), 14-16.
- La Sovage, A. J. (2006). Effects of using a layered curriculum format of instruction in a high school environmental science energy unit. MA Diss., Michigan State University, Michigan, USA.
- Tsai, K., P., Chai, C.S. & Koh, J.H.L. (2014). Students' perceptions of self-directed learning and collaborative learning with and without technology. Journal of Computer Assisted Learning, 30, 425–437.
- Long, H. B. (1994). Challenging some myths about self-directed learning. In New ideas about self-directed learning, by H. B. Long et al., pp. 1-14. Norman: University of Oklahoma, 1994.
- Loughran, J. J. (2002). Effective reflective practice: in search of meaning in learning about teaching, Journal of Teacher Education 53(1), 33-43.
- Maurer, L., A. (2009). Evaluating the use of layered curriculum and technology to increase comprehension and motivation in a middle school classroom. MA Diss., Michigan State University, Michigan, USA.
- Miles, M., & Huberman, A.M. (1994). Qualitative data analysis (2nd edition). London: Sage Publications.
- Morgan, K. (2011). Mastery learning in the science classroom. NSTA Press Book.
- Morrison, D. & Premkumar, K. (2014). Practical strategies to promote self-directed learning in the medical curriculum. International Journal of Self Directed Learning, 11 (1), 1-12.
- Mulig-Cruz, C., Barquilla, M.B., Tabudlong, J.R., & Magallanes, J.B. (2015). Development of progressive learning theory. Proceedings Journal of Education, Psychology and Social Science Research, 27-34.
- Owen, T. R. (2002). Self-directed learning ın adulthood: a literature review. Kentucky: Morehead State University.
- Pohl, M. (2000). Learning to think, thinking to learn: Models and strategies to develop a classroom culture of thinking. Cheltenham, Vic: Hawker Brownlow.
- Raider-Roth, M. (2004). Taking the time to think: a portrait of reflection, Teaching & Learning: The Journal of Natural Inquiry and Reflective Practice, 18(3), 79–97.
- Siminică, M., and A. Traistaru. (2013). Self-directed learning in economic education. International Journal of Education and Research, 1(12), 1-14.
- Schön, D. (1983). The reflective practioner: How professionals think in action. New York: Basic Books.
- Schön, D. A. (1987). Educating the reflective practitioner: Toward a new design for teaching and learning in the professions. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Tripp, D. (2003). Action Inquiry, Action Research e-Reports, 017, Retrieved 10 March 2014 from: www.fhs.usyd.edu.au/arow/arer/017.htm
- Xie, Y., F. Ke, & Sharma, P. (2008). The effect of peer feedback for blogging on college students’ reflective learning processes. The Internet and Higher Education, 11(1), 18-25.
- Mezirow, J., (1991). Transformative dimensions of adult learning. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Moon, J. A. 2004. A handbook of reflective and experiential learning: Theory and practice. Oxon: Routledge Falmer.
- Nunley, K. (2003). Layered curriculum brings teachers to tiers. Education Digest, 69 (1), 31-36.
- Nunley, K. (2004). Layered Ccrriculum: The practical solution for teachers with more than one student in their classroom. Amherst, NH: Brains.org.
- Nunley, K. (2006). An overview of Kathie Nunley’s layered curriculum. Retrieved October 3, 2010, from www.help4teachers.com/how.htm
- Sullo, B. (2007). Activating the desire to learn. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- Stenhoff, D. M., Davey, B. J., & Lignugaris/Kraft, B. (20089. The effects of choice on assignment completion and percent correct by a high school student with a learning disability. Education & Treatment of Children, 31 (2), 203-211.
- Swanson, K. W., & Kayler, M. (2008). Co-constructing a learner-centered curriculum in teacher professional development. Institute of Learning Centered Education, 3 (1), 1-26.
- Willard-Holt, C., & Bottomley, D. (2000). Reflectivity and effectiveness of preservice teachers in a unique field experience. Action in Teacher Education 21(2): 76-89.
- Villareal, M. M. (2013). Interactive Physics Notebook (IPN): An Approach in Determining the Level of Skills in Self-Directed Physics Learning. Graduate Thesis. Iligan: MSU-Iligan Institute of Technology
APA 6th edition
In-text: (Gencel & Saracaloglu, 2018)
Your Bibliography: Gencel, I.E. & Saracaloglu, A.S. (2018). The Effect of Layered Curriculum on Reflective Thinking and on Self-Directed Learning Readiness of Prospective Teachers. International Journal of Progressive Education, 14(1), 8-20. doi: 10.29329/ijpe.2018.129.2
In-text: (Gencel and Saracaloglu, 2018)
Your Bibliography: Gencel, I. and Saracaloglu, A. (2018). The Effect of Layered Curriculum on Reflective Thinking and on Self-Directed Learning Readiness of Prospective Teachers. International Journal of Progressive Education, 14(1), pp. 8-20.
Chicago 16th edition
In-text: (Gencel and Saracaloglu 2018)
Your Bibliography: Gencel, Ilke Evin and A. Seda Saracaloglu (2018). "The Effect of Layered Curriculum on Reflective Thinking and on Self-Directed Learning Readiness of Prospective Teachers". International Journal of Progressive Education 14 (1):8-20. doi:10.29329/ijpe.2018.129.2.