Original article | International Journal of Progressive Education 2020, Vol. 16(3) 123-131
Career Planning Scale of Students Studied in Sports Sciences (CPS): Validity and Reliability Study
Sultan Yavuz Eroglu & Erdem Eroğlu
pp. 123 - 131 | DOI: https://doi.org/10.29329/ijpe.2020.248.9
Published online: June 05, 2020 | Number of Views: 38 | Number of Download: 208
The purpose of this study was to develop a scale towards career planning of sports sciences students. Study group consisted of 543 students who were attending in physical education and sports teaching, sports management, and coaching departments in Siirt University. Construct validity of scale was tested through factor analysis [WK1] and confirmatory factor analysis. Reliability of scale was measured through Cronbach Alpha and test-retest test. Discrimination of scale was tested between down %27 and up %27. Correlation analysis was made between scale factors. In order to calculate the reliability of 23 items in Career Planning Scale, Cronbach Alpha which is a inner consistency coefficient was calculated. General reliability of scale were found to be high as alpha=0.885. Analysis results have demonstrated that adjustment statistics calculated through confirmatory factor analysis showed a significant adjustment and positive correlations were determined between scale sub-dimensions and general scores as a result of correlation analysis (p<0,05).
Keywords: Career, Career Planning, Sports, Physical Education and Sport
|How to Cite this Article?
APA 6th edition
Eroglu, S.Y. & Eroglu, E. (2020). Career Planning Scale of Students Studied in Sports Sciences (CPS): Validity and Reliability Study
. International Journal of Progressive Education, 16(3), 123-131. doi: 10.29329/ijpe.2020.248.9
Eroglu, S. and Eroglu, E. (2020). Career Planning Scale of Students Studied in Sports Sciences (CPS): Validity and Reliability Study
. International Journal of Progressive Education, 16(3), pp. 123-131.
Chicago 16th edition
Eroglu, Sultan Yavuz and Erdem Eroglu (2020). "Career Planning Scale of Students Studied in Sports Sciences (CPS): Validity and Reliability Study
". International Journal of Progressive Education 16 (3):123-131. doi:10.29329/ijpe.2020.248.9.
- Altuntaş EA. (2016). Beden eğitimi öğretmeni adaylarının öğretmenlik mesleğine ilişkin tutumları ile öz yeterlikleri arasındaki ilişki. Bartın Üniversitesi, Eğitim Bilimleri Enstitüsü, [Google Scholar]
- BAYRAM, C.(2008). Kariyer Planlama ve Yönetimi, Kum Saati Yayın Dağıtım LTD. ŞTİ., İstanbul. [Google Scholar]
- Brown, T.A. (2006). Confirmatory Factor Analysis for Applied Research. The Gu¬ilford Press, New York, USA. [Google Scholar]
- Büyüköztürk, Ş. (2007). Sosyal Bilimler için Veri Analizi El Kitabı, Ankara: Pegem A Yayıncılık. [Google Scholar]
- Cronbach, L. J. (1984). Essentials of psychological testing (4th ed), New York: Harper Row. Journal of Educational Measurement, 23 (2). 175-183. [Google Scholar]
- Hooper D, Coughlan J, Mullen MR. Structural Equation Modelling: Guidelines for Determining Model Fit. Electronic Journal of Business Research Methods 2008; 6(1): 53-60. [Google Scholar]
- Hox, J. J., & Bechger, T. M. (1998). An Introduction to Structural Equation Modeling. Family Science Review, 11, 354–373 [Google Scholar]
- Kızılet, T. (2018). Drama Ve Diksiyon Öğretiminin Spor Eğitimcisi Adayı Öğrencilerin Mesleki Yeterliliklerine Etkisi. Yüksek Lisans Tezi. İstanbul. [Google Scholar]
- Mels G. (2006), “LISREL for Windows: Getting Started Guide”, http://www.ssicentral.com/lisrel/techdocs/GSWLISREL.pdf [Google Scholar]
- Schumacker RE, Lomax RG. A Beginner's Guide to Structural Equation Modeling. New Jersey: Taylor & Francis; 2004. p.1-8. [Google Scholar]
- Sümer, N. (2000). Yapısal Eşitlik Modelleri. Türk Psikoloji Yazıları. No.3, S.6, 49-74. [Google Scholar]
- Şimşek ÖF. Yapısal Eşitlik Modellemesine Giriş, Temel İlkeler ve LİSREL Uygulamaları. Ankara: Ekinoks; 2007. p.4-22. [Google Scholar]
- Tabachnick, B. G. and Fidel, L. S. (2007). Using Multivariate Statistics. Pearson Education Inc. Boston. [Google Scholar]
- Tortop N. (1994). Personel Yönetimi, 5. Basım, Ankara: Yargı Yayınları. [Google Scholar]
- Waltz CF, Strcikland OL, Lenz ER. Measurement in Nursing and Health Research. New York: Springer Publishing Company; 2010. p.176-8. [Google Scholar]
- Wan, T. T. (2002). Evidence-based health care management: Multivariate modeling approaches. Springer: Netherlands. [Google Scholar]
- Wang J, Wang X. Structural Equation Modeling: Applications Using Mplus: methods and applications. West Susex: John Wiley & Sons; 2012. p.5-9. [Google Scholar]